Hays Technology are looking for a Data Engineer to work alongside the Data Scientists and the Software Engineers to build scalable and maintainable solutions.
Given the very strong growth of our client, this position will require the ability to work on a wide range of tools for different business tasks:
- Data collection (scrapping and storage)
- Data processing pipelines
- High performance/parallel computing
- Build APIs
We will ask you to have the flexibility of the startup mindset that we also have. There are several subjects that can be covered by this job offer:
- Setting up pipelines to automate the various stages of data collection from extraction to storage.
- Development of different type of APIs/services to collect data but also to expose it to internal applications
- Be involved in the deployment of the Data Scientists solutions.
- Work with Data Scientists but also with other IT departments (such as DevOps, Software Engineering) and Business lines to be the guarantor of created solutions.
- Understand the needs of the business lines, work proactively by responding to requests but also by being proactive in making proposals.
- Be part of the team designing, building and maintaining the Data Platform and Machine Learning platform.
Qualifications and skills required
- Degree from a major engineering school or equivalent master’s degree.
- Proven Data Engineering experience (> 1 year).
- Expertise in Python.
- Expertise with pipeline orchestration tools like Airflow, Kubeflow, or similar.
- Expertise in Docker (knowledge of Kubernetes is a plus).
- Valid experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of web frameworks like Flask or FastAPI.
- Valid experience with event processing tools is a plus (i.e Kafka)
- You like clean code and version control using tools like Git.
- Familiarity with Unix and Windows operating systems.
- You are passionate about the Data world: having followed the news, blogs, MOOCs, etc.
- Financial knowledge will be appreciated but is not mandatory
- Good team spirit, 100% involved in the activity
- Start-up spirit!
Click to apply! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
I am a consultant for Hays Technology, specialised in software / web development in Luxembourg. I help tech professionals develop their careers and ensure that companies are supported by the best talent.
At Hays Technology, we are shaping the future of recruitment. Development & Testing skills have never been more needed in companies. Whether you're looking for skills for your team or looking to take the next step in your career, let's talk today. #1288021