Hays Technology is looking for a Junior Unix Engineer for a client specialised in new technologies. You will provide enterprise-wide Unix/Linux System infrastructure support for complex system and interconnected technologies that require day-to-day support and administration in order to maintain optimum performance and utilisation. You can start as soon as possible. It is a pre-hiring contract. Working remotely is possible.
Your responsibilities will involve:
- Perform various Unix/Linux Systems Administration tasks on large and heterogeneous environment withhighly critical asset during business hours and off-hours.
- Troubleshoot Unix/Linux operating system, storage, network related incident during business hours and off-hours.
- Install, configure, and maintain standard and non-standard Unix/Linux physical and virtual servers.
- Ensure compliance of Unix/Linux asset with existing security guideline (Hardening, Auditing, Patching, Network segregation).
- Ensure compliance with defined data protection, disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Monitoring of Unix/Linux infrastructure asset and provide proactive remediation.
- Review and validate infrastructure design, provide expert technical advice on one or several technologies used in the environment.
- Implement, test and validate new standards or technologies. Write, maintain and handover related operational process documentation.
- 2 years of experience on Linux/Unix administration
- Fluent in French and good oral communication in English
- Available, curious and upskilling
- AIX/Solaris administration is an asset
If you're interested in this role, Click to apply! We are waiting for your application
I am a consultant for Hays Technology, specialising in all areas of Infrastructure in Luxembourg. I help tech professionals to develop their careers and I ensure that companies are supported by the best talents.
At Hays Technology, we are shaping the future of recruitment. All areas of Infrastructure have never been more needed. Whether you are looking for skilled people for your team or that you looking to move on to the next stage of your career, let’s talk in today. #1286672